We are now seeking an Engineer to join an exciting mining project in WA, overseeing both the mine planning and mine production areas.
Reporting to the mine manager, this role is responsible for improving appropriate processes and systems. This role is based on an 8/6 FIFO roster and has a very healthy remuneration package associated.
The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Manager: Mining to implement a site wide value driver
• Implement interim mine engineering solutions
• Review and provide detailed report on capital and operational costs
• Review and provide detailed report on surface mining equipment performance measures
• Lead or assist client and contractors on site
• Monitor and coordinate installation / implementation of mining projects
• Development of mine scheduling software.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• At least 5 years Engineering experience
• Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering experience with large scale open-pit hard rock mining
• Experience in contract administration, progress claims and contract variations, preferably in a Mining Alliance environment
• Experience in managing mining and continuous improvement projects
• Competent in at least one Mining software Package