Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
848848 Job Summary
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
February 6, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
April 6, 2013
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Our Senior Mechanical Engineer positions provide you with the opportunity to utilize your technical leadership and knowledge in mechanical engineering design of systems for municipal water and wastewater treatment plants. Each day, you will perform tasks that may include hydraulic modeling, pump and pipe sizing, mechanical equipment selection, piping and instrumentation drawing production, contract document preparation, and support of construction projects. Additional tasks will include HVAC/building services design and field condition assessments. Your work may also include support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation. You should be a self-motivated professional engineer with ten years of experience in the design of mechanical systems for water and wastewater treatment facilities, along with a bachelor's degree in Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new mechanical engineering task.
Our Senior Mechanical Engineers:
- Lead teams of process and mechanical engineers in design of water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Design conveyance and mechanical equipment systems for water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Design industrial HVAC and plumbing systems for water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of mechanical engineering and hydraulics both locally and regionally.
- Are responsible for mechanical budget, schedule, and quality.
- Provide design coordination between multiple engineering disciplines.
- Advocate the use of advance engineering and automation tools in the design of water and wastewater facilities.
- Provide expert technical advice to internal and external clients, including performing equipment condition assessments at water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Contribute to project proposal teams, including presentations during project interviews.
- Function as Design Manager or Project Manager for water and wastewater treatment plant design projects.
- Provide mechanical engineer leadership and expertise on Design/Build and Design/Build/Operate proposals and design projects.
- Help develop and ensure the ongoing success of a high performance team through mentorship and develop junior level staff.
- Possess a positive attitude, are dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work.
- Participate in achieving a Target Zero safety plan.
- [Company] will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- BS Degree in Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited engineering program
- 10 years’ experience in the design of mechanical systems for municipal or similar type water and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities
- Prior experience leading multi-discipline design teams
- Colorado PE or the ability to obtain within one year
In addition to the basic qualifications, we also desire the following:
- 15 years’ experience in the design of mechanical systems and HVAC/plumbing for municipal or similar type water and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Design Manager or Project Manager experience
- Design/Build or Design/Build/Operate project experience a plus
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List