Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
849051 Job Summary
Senior Underground Mining Engineer
Employer Job Id:
October 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 17, 2012
Senior Underground Mining Engineer
Our client is a global consulting firm renowned for providing unparalleled technical solutions to many of world’s largest mining companies and exploration firms. Specialties include: Mining and Project Evaluation, Geology, Resources and Exploration, Water Management, Geotechnical, Tailings, Heap Leach, Mine Waste and Environmental. Due to the growth and continued success of their Mining Operations Division an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Underground Mining Engineer for their Saskatoon, SK division.
- Provide mining engineering and design services for underground mine studies (scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, and detailed design), development, and construction projects.
- Manage engineering projects (scheduling, budgeting, earned value reporting, and quality and cost control)
- Integrate with other engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, civil/structural, and electrical
- Applying underground engineering knowledge and experience in the areas of ventilation, design, rock mechanics and planning
- Maintaining the quality of mine plans and schedules as well as monitoring the progress of the operations.
- Manage and control projects to ensure that objectives are met in an economical and timely manner.
- Ensuring successful completion of projects in accordance with established company procedures, standards, and policies.
- Provide technical support based on sound engineering principles and recognized industry and company standards.
- Act as liaison between company personnel, technical groups and outside contractors. Oversee preparation of mining engineering drawings
- Sign and seal mining engineering drawings for construction
- Prepare mining equipment specifications
- Assist with mining equipment procurement
- Coordinate/communicate with suppliers and operations personnel
- Write/contribute to study reports
- Prepare/contribute to proposals
- Assist the contracting group with business development and tendering work
- Mentor intermediate mining engineering staff
- Conduct and signoff on Personnel Development Reviews for intermediate mining engineering staff
- Provide back-up and support to the General Manager, Engineering when required
- Degree in Mining Engineering from an accredited university or technical institute, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of mining experience with a strong focus on underground mining projects
- Professional Registration: PE or P. Eng designation.
- Mining professionals preferred with a diverse range of commodities,
- Minimum of 4 years on operating mines.
- Knowledge of computerized mine planning and optimization tools, e.g. Gemcom, MineSight, Vulcan, Whittle
- The ability to work in a dynamic, flexible workplace
- Financial understanding
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
The applicant must have strong problem solving and communication skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and be willing to work in the office and field. Candidates must have experience with relevant discipline engineering software. Strong organizational and time management skills are expected as well as a firm understanding of applicable Mining and Safety Acts, Regulations, and Codes.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List