Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
849078 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Fort McMurray, AB
October 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 18, 2012
CIMA+ is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will be working on the Oil Sands Mining industry in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
The successful candidate will work with existing team members on site in support of Suncor's Fort McMurray facility. The duties will include development/approval of scopes, including planning and evaluation of options for steam piping and valve work. Tasks would also include assistance with water treatment including scoping, match jobs and outage scopes for FAD.
Knowledge of piping systems is required. Experience leading small projects is an asset. Main responsibilities also include:
- Lead and/or participate in the design and/or studies of projects related to heavy oil, and mining;
- Lead front end development, engineering and project management within projects
- Provide Mechanical Engineering design support to multidiscipline teams on brownfield maintenance and expansion projects;
- Involved in the creation and design of P&IDs, isometrics, and mechanical drawings;
- Research and design mechanical equipment and systems for related projects
- Provide equipment specifications and evaluations and selecting processing equipment;
- Participate in the preparation of the main schedule by identifying milestones;
- Prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Providing engineering support for purchasing and services related to execution of field projects;
- Discussing and solving multidiscipline problems with process, civil/structural, electrical and controls technical professionals;
- Participate in customer meetings/presentations;
- Provide site support to Engineering and other functional groups, and undertake work assignments with these groups in accordance with business demands;
- Work to maintain strong client relationships, and actively participate in preparation of proposals, as well as business development efforts, within the team;
- Ensure that safety codes and other applicable regulations are followed;
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers;
- Work closely with scientists, contractors, and technicians and pooling ideas together to gain new knowledge and skills.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Professional Engineer with 5+years of experience; registered with APEGA;
- Conversant of all applicable codes and standards - such as ASME, API, ANSI, CSA;
- Excellent leadership, positive attitude and communication skills;
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, and other employees;
- Strong technical and organization skills.
- Permanent, full time position;
- 37.5 hours/week;
- Salary based on skills and experience;
- Flexible schedule;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Quality oriented environment (ISO 9001);
- We are willing to provide assistance for the relocation of new employees, and to provide more flexible schedules for employees who must commute between cities
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List