Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
849088 Job Summary
Business Development Manager
Employer Job Id:
October 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 18, 2012
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining key client relationships which result in opportunities that help the company meet both long and short term growth targets. This individual will also work closely with operations to identify and secure business opportunities that support NACG's strategic objectives and are aligned with our vision, mission and business plan.
- Conduct industry research and identify potential business opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies to market the company to potential clients, establish client relationships, and secure new revenue opportunities for organization.
- Develop and deliver professional presentations to clients focusing on key areas of interest and targeting the audience with appropriate levels of detail.
- Work closely with Estimating and Operations to identify, pursue and secure opportunities, promote NACG and manage client relationships.
- Monitor and report on industry developments, client projects, revenue opportunities and business development activities within the company's customer relationship management system.
- Identify, negotiate and manage relationships with strategic business partners whose objectives and product/service offerings complement the company's short and long-term vision.
- Provide input into corporate and divisional strategic plans and revenue forecasts.
- Become a subject matter expert through independent industry research, client meetings, industry conferences and leveraging internal relationships.
- Minimum five years of sales or business development experience related to construction, mining and/or oil & gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience navigating complex organizations and relationship building.
- Post-secondary Degree, Technical Diploma or equivalent experience relating to marketing/business development.
- Construction/Mining/Oil Sands industry knowledge and contacts considered a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of marketing theory and fundamentals
- Sales, client relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to think strategically and identify value creation opportunities
- Strong business/ financial acumen
- Strong business ethics and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Computer skills in PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook
- Experience with CRM software considered an asset
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List