Simark Controls is a 100% Canadian owned company with a strong brand recognition associated with customer satisfaction and success for the past 40 years. As a rapidly growing organization we offer a unique opportunity for personal and career growth. Simark Controls supplies a wide range of industries with quality solutions for industrial instrumentation, automation and power product applications throughout Western Canada.
Power Products Specialist
Simark Controls is a 100% Canadian owned company with a strong brand recognition associated with customer satisfaction and success for over 40 years. As a rapidly growing organization we offer a unique opportunity for personal and career growth. Simark Controls supplies a wide range of industries with quality solutions for industrial instrumentation, automation and power product applications throughout Western Canada. We currently require talented, highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic company in the following position:
Power Products Specialist - Edmonton
We are recruiting for a Power Products Specialist to be located in the Edmonton branch office. The successful applicant will be responsible for promoting and selling Simark Controls strong Power Products and Custom Drive Solutions offering, strengthening customer relationships and establish new opportunities with a number of key customers throughout Western Canada.
Reporting to the Power Products Manager, you will be involved in the continued growth and success of Simark Controls and the Power Products offering. You will have proven abilities to achieve long term and mutually beneficial customer relationships while establishing new business.
Simark Controls offers an excellent career path in a dynamic and exciting business environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Technology Certification
- Minimum of 5 years of VFD product, application and industry related experience
- Proficient understanding of VFD packaging and integration
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to develop and execute strategic activities
- Ability to review customer specifications, datasheets and client RFQ requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with well-developed organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Proven customer service and support capabilities
- Ability to work in a team environment with exceptional communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Entrepreneurial work ethic with the ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) will be an asset.
- Valid driver's licence as frequent travel is required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Power Products Manager to develop new and existing business opportunities
- Proactively pursue business applications with Oil & Gas, Mining, Forestry and Water Management customers in the Western Canadian market place
- Execute strategic business initiatives to achieve market penetration and growth
- Work jointly with the Sales and Marketing Department to review strategies/initiatives and to pursue business opportunities
- Provide efficient and effective sales and technical support to the Sales and Marketing Department
- Interact with the Power Products Group in the preparation of clear, complete and concise project proposals
- Delivery and presentation of project proposal and quotations to customers
- Provide detailed reports on customer projects and quotations using CRM tools
- Development and delivery of presentations and product/application training
- Address customer technical and commercial inquiries
- Strong team approach/collaboration with Management and Peers
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers in order to drive growth and meet or exceed personal sales goals