Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
849800 Job Summary
Director of Engineering
Employer Job Id:
October 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 19, 2012
Director of Engineering
Evraz Inc. NA is a leading North American steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies formerly known as Oregon Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO.
Evraz has the capacity to produce more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia.
In North America, Evraz is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
Director of Engineering for our Tubular Products Group, supporting our ERW, SMLS and DSAW pipe mills located in Canada (Regina, SK; Calgary, AB; Red Deer, AB Camrose, AB) and the United States (Portland, OR; Pueblo, CO). Managing a diverse team of engineers and technologists that are leading the development and enhancement of our manufacturing facilities, this position will report directly to our VP, Manufacturing.
- Work closely with senior management to ensure overall goals and objectives of the department are met
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Engineering team
- Assist with the preparation of Capital Expenditure Request and Requests for Additional Funds
- Manage Capital Expenditure projects from concept to build, installation and validation
- Create technology roadmaps that reflect changing market needs
- Assure product designs are competitive on a global basis with respect to quality, reliability and cost
- Schedule projects, resources and monitor project timelines
- Review and approve product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, regulations, requirements, safety standards and industry guidelines
- Provide monthly progress and status reports regarding technical, cost and schedule performance
- Investigate and develop new technology platforms for future products or service applications to stay current with industry trends, materials, tools, processes and technology
- Possessing an understanding of engineering job practices, techniques, industry standards, principles, theories and concepts with the ability to articulate to department and organization
- Monitor quality and productivity of the group as well as identify root causes of discrepancies for any arising issues
- Objectively assess performance and evaluate staff resources
- 10+ years of engineering experience in manufacturing with 5+ years of managing a multi-site team
- Excellent understanding of engineering practices, industry standards, and future of market
- Ability and interest in analyzing, understanding and organizing information in fields outside your current areas of expertise
- Exceptionally strong project management skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and CAD
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with a Master's in Engineering preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List