Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
849809 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 19, 2012
Our client located in the London area is looking to add a Construction Manager to their existing team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful established organization.
- Field Staffing: Recruitment, job descriptions, job assignments, regular performance reviews, training programs, other related human resource duties.
- Site Safety: Manage and implement the Company's Health and Safety Plan.
- Site Logistics: Oversight and implementation of logistics plans for each project including all temp services, cranes, hoisting, access, protective hoardings, safety considerations.
- Company-Owned Equipment: Manage all site logistics, scheduling, maintenance & repairs, operators, special safety requirements, and training.
- Constructability Reviews & Quality Control: Review of all design documents to ensure adequate details, eliminate conflicts, identify changes required to align with means and methods to be used for each project.
- Budget & Cost Control Responsibilities: Budget preparations for general conditions and site logistics at preconstruction stages, monitoring and budget compliance during all construction activities, review of subcontractor scopes and major change orders.
- Schedule Responsibilities: Assist with creation of all job schedules, review of construction sequences, assistance and direction / monitoring of site progress schedules, implementation of make-up schedules.
- Unit Turnover And Warranty: Assist with creation and implementation of successful turnover procedures, and staffing of warranty requirements and follow ups for each project.
- Superintendent Duties
- Safety: Ensure that safety equipment and apparel and safe working conditions are strictly inspected and enforced according to Company policy and all governing regulatory agencies.
- Site Management: advise senior level supervision and project management about potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties
- assist entire project team in seeking solutions / resolving problems
- Schedule: Determine required manpower levels, materials quantities, and equipment requirements, assist in planning and updating the work schedule, maintain current schedule, update daily. Schedule all work to be done on jobsite, convey to subcontractors.
- Attend all Owner/Architect meetings, chair weekly subcontractor meeting and safety meeting.
- 15 + years of experience in construction
- 5 + years of experience as a Superintendent
- Working on multi-residential, high-rise development projects is a Must
- Valid driver's license
- Easily give direction and delegate tasks
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List