Evraz Inc. NA is a leading North American steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies formerly known as Oregon Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO.
Evraz has the capacity to produce more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia.
In North America, Evraz is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
To contribute to the profitability, marketshare, and quality assurance aspects of EVRAZ Camrose Works by performing the technical aspects of product testing and certification within the scope of and requirements of customer specifications, industry standards, and EVRAZ Camrose Works stated Quality Management Standards.
To ensure all product testing is in compliance with applicable specifications.
- Reviews of customer testing and acceptance requirements are done for each order.
- Lab capabilities are maintained to ensure product testing integrity.
- Samples received at the lab are properly identified and prepared for testing.
- All product qualification tests are performed to contract requirements.
- Results are recorded and copies are distributed to the proper personnel.
- Tests not conforming to the contract requirements are brought to the attention of the metallurgist and pertinent mill production / inspection personnel.
- Retests are ordered according to required specifications.
- Third party / customer inspection personnel are presented with information as required by contract.
- Incoming inspection tests are performed as required.
- Any additional product testing is performed as required (trials).
Product Control Performance
To provide technical support and records maintenance for pipe production.
- Record retention
- Open files are established and maintained for all ERW and DSAW product testing.
- To establish and maintain archive files as required by CQP-5.
- To establish and maintain a computer database.
- Mill test certificates are issued for product compliance as required by contract and standard operating procedure.
- Notification of non-conformances and retest requirements are issued as required.
- Production summaries, defect analysis and other reports are prepared as required.
- Sample selection and shipment is co-ordinated for external testing.
- Training of personnel as required.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the department and all other production departments.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with customers and customer representatives.
- Ensure adequate notification of product releases to production departments.
- Technical capabilities are accessed in relation to costs, productivity and customer requirements.
To promote awareness and strive for job performance within the scope of the law and corporate environmental policy.
- Lab procedures, work areas and waste disposal practices are reviewed to ensure conformance to environmental standards.
- Conditions which may be hazardous to the environment are brought to the attention of the lab supervisor.
To provide technical assistance to maintain a cost effective operation.
- To ensure required calibrations of equipment are within specified limits and time frame.
- To ensure all equipment is in proper working order.
- To ensure sampling requirements are adequate.
- To ensure testing methods are efficiently utilized
- Consumables are evaluated for cost effectiveness.
- Process is monitored for efficiencies of operation