Our client is one of Canada’s largest construction consulting firms with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto & Ottawa. The company is seeking a talented Proposal Writer to join their team and generate new business for the organization.
The organization is focused on providing customized solutions for their clients across a range of vertical including renewable energy, institutional, commercial, mining and telecommunications. As an emerging organization, they have a high focus on corporate social responsibility and governance aimed towards exceeding industry best standards.
With prominent clients across Canada endorsing this company, joining this organization will allow you to contribute to their long term success.
The Proposal Writer will be responsible for the development of all responses to client proposals in a timely manner. This individual will also provide executive assistance to the manager of the business development team.
The key accountabilities include:
- Respond to RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, SRO’s etc.
- Assist in the development of client presentations
- Develop processes to improve efficiencies for the development of proposals
- Liaise with clients regarding proposal responses
- Organize meeting schedules for the Business Development Manager
- Prepare materials for presentations
- Conduct research as required
Required Experience & Attributes
This position is best suited to an individual with significant experience writing SRO’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s to generate business for an organization. Ultimately, the organization is seeking an individual with the ability to take ownership of the proposal development process to improve quality and efficiency within the process.
Candidates applying for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing proposals (RFP’s)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant
- Understanding of procurement procedures for enterprises and public companies
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – will be required to liaise with clients and executives within the company
- Knowledge of the construction industry is a major asset
The compensation range for this position is $45,000 to $55,000 per annum. In addition, the company offers a lucrative annual bonus that is based on individual and organizational performance.
Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, as well as tuition reimbursement.