Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
851074 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
November 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
January 19, 2013
As an Implementation & Deployment Consultant, you will be involved with client projects from initial scoping of the customer engagement through to the final software installation and customer acceptance. You will be responsible for gathering and defining client requirements, with the ability to analyze client requirements and functionality to provide custom solutions to meet client needs. You will be responsible for deployment of product installations, and will be expected to work independently and as part of a team to ensure the product is installed and configured to meet client expectations, relying on your technical aptitude to ensure a successful deployment.
Our client provides integrated project information and cost control solutions for large capital projects in the oil & gas, power and mining sectors. The solution is a proven web-based enterprise software system that enables engineering and construction contractors and owner/operators to automate best practices, mitigate business risks and improve performance to budget throughout the entire project lifecycle. Currently servicing a portfolio of projects valued at over $500 billion across more than 50 countries, on more than 500 capital projects with nearly 70,000 users. With has offices in Houston, Calgary, Victoria and Kitchener.
- Conduct initial client requirements gathering using a consultative approach with clients to clarify and clearly define client needs and requirements.
- Translating the requirements into operational plans.
- Responsible for deployment of client product installations with the technical aptitude to troubleshoot, navigate and resolve issues as they arise by looking at IIS error logs, Windows security, OS etc. to successfully configure and deploy the product.
- Prepare and maintain installation documentation.
- Prepare custom documentation related to client deployment and configuration.
- Conduct post project reviews with the development and product management teams and look for and suggest improvements to the installation process.
- Communicate customer comments and requests to development team and/or management.
- Ensure that the appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have these essential skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a Professional Services role or Development role, Web Developer or Network Administration role in the Information Technology Industry.
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- Confident and knowledgeable in Software Development environment, including systems development lifecycle, understanding the Windows OS, systems integration & implementation.
- Experience with Web Servers (IIS preferred).
- Familiarity with C#, Java Script and ASP is required.
- Oracle and/or MS SQL Server experience is desired.
- Proven ability to deliver end to end project lifecycle including requirements gathering through product deployment and implementation expertise.
- Achievement oriented, with ability to multi-task and handle multiple clients in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making skills.
- Works proactively and independently.
- Willingness to travel with ability to work flexible hours a must (this position will require up to 20% travel) with projects lasting up to 2-3 months.
- A valid passport.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List