Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
851080 Job Summary
Aggregate Resource Manager
Employer Job Id:
October 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 22, 2012
Aggregate Resource Manager
The primary objective of this role is to manage the land and aggregate resources necessary to develop and sustain the operations in the Greater Edmonton Area of Lafarge
- Property Acquisition: Manage, in close coordination with the VP's, Director & GM's, the acquisition process for new properties, including due diligence, valuation, negotiations and the CER process.
- Property Divestiture: Manage, in close coordination with the VP's, Director & GM's, the process of identifying and divesting surplus land with the intent of maximizing value to Lafarge, including the CDR process.
- Strategic Planning: Assist VP's, Director & GMs in the development of strategic analysis and long-term land acquisition strategies for key market areas.
- Agreements: Lead the negotiations with external third parties on securing and maintaining the necessary Agreements to develop and maintain our various businesses
- Licensing & Permitting: Manage the process of acquiring land related licenses, approvals and permits for aggregate, ready mix concrete and asphalt sites, including material hauling, mining/reclamation, riparian, water, development permit process, area structure plans and zoning bylaw issues.
- Permitting Compliance: Monitor compliance with existing permits and lead the business in the use of Best Practices
- Community & Government Relations: Develop, manage and maintain consistent relationships with key politicians, neighbours, key decision makers in governmental agencies, local organizations, and community groups to ensure that Lafarge North America and its role as the leader in the industry
- Achievement of Management Objectives: Work in a team environment with senior management and staff in all divisions to implement key components of performance goals and objectives.
- Reporting: Comply with reporting requirements of Lafarge Group, Region and regulatory agencies in respect to land and reserves.
- Mine Planning Coordination: Coordinate with the Regional Land Team and local Aggregate Operations staff on reserve mining and reclamation activities. Ensure local pit activities are conducted in the context of the long term plans
- Data Management: Ensure that all land and resource documents are properly kept and the data timely and communicated as required. Support the ongoing development and management of the Land Information System (LIS).
- Regulatory Reporting: Manage and provide direction with respect to annual compliance of regulatory reporting requirements for land related licenses and permits, reclamation, community relations, and lease management.
- Travel - 25%
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to the Director of Land Management
- Works closely with the VP's, GMs, and Operations Managers for Aggregates, Asphalt and Ready Mix Concrete.
- Works closely with regional Land staff to ensure consistent and effective management of land resources and optimize support to meet changing operational needs.
- Negotiation and management of all necessary Land and Resource Agreements
- Management of all land and resource permit / approval related activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with GEA landowners, neighbours, communities and regulators Compliance with Lafarge and local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements.
- Management of mining / reclamation permitting activities within area.
- Mentoring of others
- Management of both acquisitions and dispositions, of both fee simple and leased interests, including legal processes relating to the acquisition or disposition.
- Accuracy and documentation of local Land and Resource Information
- Manage Lafarge land assets within North West
- Assist the VP's, Director & GM's in the targeting and acquisition of new properties throughout the region.
- Assist in strategic planning as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- University Degree / College Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work history in the management of Aggregate resources, Roadbuilding or Municipal Government, including experience in local land regulations, provincial and local permitting, property sale/purchase, due diligence, contracts, and water rights.
- Experience in community relations and giving public presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of and experience in interpreting rules, laws, agreements, and contracts related to property issues, real estate matters, building & zoning, water rights, reclamation, and associated issues.
- Experience in managing consultant services, including preparing scope of services and maintaining schedules.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possess a working knowledge of Aggregate, Municipal Government, or Roadbuilding industry
- Knowledge in land use/development permit principles, real estate management, water rights, geology, wetlands
- Solid project management skills with ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks in accordance with deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well on teams - demonstrates leadership ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to represent Lafarge at community meetings, government functions, and to local trade associations.
- Must be willing to occasionally work evenings to attend hearings and meetings
- Strong independent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent people management skills: ability to develop effective internal and external relations.
- Disciplined and process-oriented.
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Process Management
- Computer Skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List