Fireball could be described as a specialized distributor and contractor providing fuel and lubricant storage and distribution to maintenance shops across Western Canada and mine-sites around the world. We deal directly with most of the car dealerships, truck shops, fast lubes and heavy equipment dealerships in Western Canada. Most of the mining projects go through engineering companies.
The company is divided into three divisions: industrial, automotive and service. The industrial team focuses on the design, engineering, supply and installation of equipment for receiving, storing, dispensing and monitoring of bulk fuels, oils, greases and other lubricants at mining sites and municipalities.
The automotive team is responsible for the installation of light and medium vehicle maintenance equipment. Fireball has outfitted numerous maintenance and quick lubrication shops. Its customer base includes repair shops, fast lubes, car dealerships, truck shops, miltary bases, municipalities and mines.
The service team handles the repairs and customer shop maintenance, providing support for in-shop or field support for the automotive and industrial divisions.
We have 45 employees and work out of a nice office and shop in the west end of Edmonton. Over the last three years, we have been working towards a company ethos of democracy, trust and participative management at all levels. Our organizational chart is inverted with the employees at the top, the Team Leads supporting and coaching them. The management team is the GM and the five Team Leads. In order to provide involvement, every Monday morning the five teams meet as a group to discuss their plans for the week. On Tuesday morning, an Operations group of about 12 meets to review corporate issues and resolve them. Corporate priorities and any issues that cannot be resolved at the first two levels get dealt with at the Team Lead meeting on Wednesday. We also have a monthly all-staff breakfast meeting where we review the previous month's financial results and update everyone on operational struggles and successes. Much of our culture is styled after SEMCO as outlined in the book, Maverick, by Ricardo Semler.
We pride ourselves on creating an open and participative employee culture fostered on a work environment that demonstrates integrity, profitability, passion and fun.
Fireball Equipment Ltd. is an industry leader in the design and supply of fuel and lubrication equipment to automotive industry, maintenance shops and mine-sites across Canada and around the world. We are a growing company and have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer/Materials Coordinator within our Edmonton office that will be responsible for ordering and ensuring the timely delivery of raw materials and subcontract components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, reviews, orders and follows up on the timely delivery and expediting of raw materials and subcontract components within the assigned project.
- Ensures adequate supply of materials through monitoring of inventory.
- Enters purchase orders into the system.
- Confirms purchase orders with the vendors.
- Confirms delivery times.
- Communicates the status of purchased items with the respective departments.
- Follows approved purchasing procedures in regards to approved vendors, pricing and value limits of purchase orders, etc.
- Completes the required documentation, reporting and administrative duties.
- Ensures changes to purchase orders are communicated in a timely fashion and follows up with the vendor.
- Assists in the resolution of invoice discrepancies.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Receives and stocks raw materials and subcontract components as required.
- Keeps shop area clean and organized.
- Loads and unloads product and materials.
- Ships and receives product and materials.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post secondary education.
- Purchasing certification is considered an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing and material handling.
- Detailed oriented.
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple and competing timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team centric skills.
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Energetic and able to work in a fast paced and collaborative work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of various computer applications including Excel, Word and knowledge of accounting software is considered an asset.
Over the last three years, Fireball has been working towards creating a collaborative and participative employee culture at all levels within the company. Our organizational chart is inverted with the "employees" at the top with Team Leaders who strive to support, coach and mentor them. We pride ourselves on creating a unique, dynamic and engaging work environment for our employees. We are a fast paced and growing company looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and want to grow with us! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with ample training and development initiatives to support your career goals.