Evraz Inc. NA is a leading North American steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies formerly known as Oregon Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO.
Evraz has the capacity to produce more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia.
In North America, Evraz is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
The purpose of this position is to provide a single point of contact for our TPG customers and internal personnel regarding product claims. The Claims Administrator will be responsible for entering product claims into our claims system, following up on open items (both customer and company) reporting on claims data, identifying opportunities for improvement and communicating the status of claims to our customers. This position will interact with our customers, and various TPG personnel (accounting, technical services, operations, sales, etc) on a routine basis to ensure that a product claims have a high priority and that they are handled appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Perform data entry operations using TPG software systems for the processing of product claims for all TPG Mills.
- Organizes/Manages claim conversations with TPG customers utilizing other TPG teammates (sales leaders, technical services, quality assurance coordinators, etc.) as necessary. Strives to keep affected customers up to date regarding the status of claims.
- Manages the claims workflow process to ensure that the EINA TPG team closes claims in a timely fashion in accordance with TPG targets.
- Develops claims reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly) for communication to senior management. Develops trending/statistics/pareto charting of KPI's over the longer term providing focus for continuous improvement efforts.
- Analyzes claims data looking for trends that can be used for continuous improvement.
- Ensures that corrective actions for customer complaints and claims are completed and effectively communicated back to our customers.
Education And Experience
Must be able to organize work tasks (both short and longer term) effectively.
- Recognized College Degree
- Must understand ISO Quality standards, Quality Management Systems and Corrective Actions
- Knowledge of pipe and /or steel mill processes and operations a plus.
- Capable of using MS Office tools such as MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience giving presentations to management regarding project results.
- Experience working with interdepartmental teams at all levels of management to accomplish tasks.
- Must have excellent communication skills when dealing with sensitive issues or situations.