Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
851091 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
October 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 22, 2012
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Machinist for Delta, BC
Scope of Work:
- Working in the Die Maintenance department.
- Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance.
- Produce replacement and new parts in making repairs to metal parts in mechanical equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tool and die for aluminum casting.
- Develop, recommend and implement countermeasures accordingly.
- Responsible for programming and operation of NC machines.
- Repair tools and dies back to print and sketch requirements.
- Check to ensure dies are at operating standards.
- Update and communicate modifications of dies to management and other departments.
- Inspect dies and wheels to measure die wear.
- Follow and promote the company's safety rules and perform safety checks on equipment before starting work.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Follow and promote 5S standards.
- Participate in QC Circles activities and present results at least once per year.
- Other duties as required.
- The successful candidate possesses a trade certificate as a Journeyman Machinist or is in their 4th year of a recognized Apprenticeship program.
- The candidate should also have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Possess a real "shop floor" orientation and enjoy leading change within a multi-shift, continuous process environment.
- Principles, practices and techniques of machining trade.
- 1+ years of TIG welding experience is an asset.
- Proficient in NC programming.
- 1+ years of operating forklift and crane.
- Strong tooling knowledge - feeds, speeds, cutting tools and work fixtures.
- Able to read mechanical drawings.
- General awareness of ISO 14001 and ISO 9002 impacts / work instructions.
- Excellent organization, time-management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under tight time deadlines.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and decision making ability.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
21 - 25 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List