Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
851688 Job Summary
Sr. Tax Analyst
Employer Job Id:
October 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 22, 2012
Sr. Tax Analyst
[Company] is a major building materials and construction solutions provider proudly serving our customers since 1891 in the Western United States and Canada. We take pride in providing solutions to your greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, as well as concrete products and other building materials.
- This position will be responsible for assisting the Tax Department with all aspects of the company’s day‐to‐day domestic tax issues including transactional and income taxes.
- Duties include significant roles in tax compliance, budgeting, analysis, research and tax audits. Involves coordination with other departments and our many operating offices. Become a subject matter expert for various tax related issues specific to the company. Excellent leadership/growth opportunity; ability to work in many different aspects of corporate tax field and add value as the company grows strategically.
- Handle and/or assist with federal, state and local tax audits
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to taxing authorities;
- Prepare and review transaction tax (sales/use, gross receipts, property tax, fuel tax etc.) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings;
- Coordinate and work directly with other departments within the company;
- Interpreting and complying with federal, state and local statutes, regulations, and legislation;
- Developing and implementing process & efficiency improvements;
- Prepare and review general ledger tax account reconciliations and monthly tax AJEs;
- Conduct SAP related tax inquires and projects;
- Perform complex tax research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other 4 year degree with equivalent accounting experience.
- Two ‐ five years of tax experience
- Federal, state and local tax audit experience
- Team‐player with a positive, “can‐do” attitude;
- Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred, but not required in CCH and/or BNA
- Excellent analytical skills, motivation and confidence to independently address issues
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Detail‐oriented with ability to multi‐task
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, creativity, and imagination in approaching work & problem solving
- CPA and MBT desired
- Transactional tax preferred
- SAP experience a plus
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List