This world class site is seeking an experienced mining engineer with a minimum of 8 years experience in open cut mining in order to successfully lead and develop a team of 3 direct reports.
You will require a strong background in mine planning and mine design - with a focus on long term and LOM design and scheduling.
The Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for:
- Supervising and coaching a team involved in long term planning and geotechnical engineering to ensure designs are achieved
- Report preparation and ore reserve estimation reporting
- Preparation of expenditure budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Liaising with production, geology and maintenance departments to ensure mine plan objectives are achieved
You will have:
- Strong software skills
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills within a multi-disciplinary operational team
- Strong report writing skills
- A strong commitment to safety
- A desire to hold a leadership position
- Residential, well established location with excellent local facilities
- Compeitive package with attractive inclusions
- Challenging role diversifying your experience - pathway to management
Please contact Kat Kingshott at Progressive immediately if you are interested in this position and apply NOW!