Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
853381 Job Summary
Application Engineer Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
October 25, 2012
Columbus McKinnon Corp. (CMCO)
December 24, 2012
Application Engineer Supervisor
- Supervises a team of Application Engineers with technical and general direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise the Application Engineers in their interactions with customers in the selection, use and maintenance of Duff-Norton products.
- Manages the engineering database, continuously seeking simplifications, improvements and cost reductions.
- Recommends improvements in CAD software and hardware.
- Monitors and reduces the time to process special actuator orders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of both products and processes.
- Provide necessary resources for addressing objectives.
- Requires in depth knowledge of products, processes and engineering principles to make selections an modifications that meet the customers' requirements in a cost effective manner
- Requires listening skills and manufacturing ability to communicate clearly.
- Travel as required to support customer needs.
- Support manufacturing and inside sales.
- Support marketing in the development of new products.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of product and processes.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Strong customer focus with good salesmanship
- Directly supervises five employees in the Engineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; two or more years of engineering or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of 3D modeling skills Solidworks preferred, FEA a plus. Must have excellent MS Office and general computer skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Good leadership skills to pursue responsibilities with drive and energy.
- Must be able to travel to customer's location as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List