Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
855363 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
April 8, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
June 8, 2013
- Under the general direction of the General Manager and working with the site management team, create a program to manage, organize and plan all aspects of a Health & Safety Management System. The Safety Coordinator will ensure procedures and safe work plan development and implementation of risk assessment tools; reports unsafe conditions and makes recommendations for corrective actions; evaluates contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment; ensures compliance with all applicable programs, practices, and existing/proposed local and state and MSHA regulations; and contributes to site strategic planning efforts for safety systems and issues.
- The former Oracle Ridge Copper Mine, located on private property in the Santa Catalina Mountains northeast of Tucson, Arizona, is an inactive, small-scale underground copper mine in the permitting and detail design stage for resuming operations.
Further information on Oracle Ridge Mining, LLC (ORM) can be found at www.oracleridgecopper.com.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of:
- Create and implement ORM’s corporate driven H&S system requirements.
- Ensure site-wide compliance with all applicable regulatory safety programs.
- Liaise with all site departments to identify site safety and equipment training needs, and ensure they are implemented and documented.
- Oversee emergency preparedness and response.
- Create an Occupational Health & Safety Committee that meets regularly to improve safety.
- Budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Oversee and manage site security, contractor and other security issues.
- On-call duty required.
- 5 to 10 years of broad-based health and safety experience in an underground mining environment, with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a lead role in Health, Safety, Training and Emergency Response.
- Certification or degree in health and safety related field is preferred.
- Applicable knowledge of MSHA, State of Arizona and local laws, regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions as related to underground mining and processing.
- Incident investigation and reporting protocols.
- Emergency preparedness and response requirements and procedures.
- Underground mine rescue experience and training capabilities.
- Supervising, auditing, training and motivating employees with respect to safety culture.
- Identifying, developing and presenting training to diverse audiences.
- Written communications for reporting, training and technical purposes.
- Computer skills in basic business software such as Microsoft Office.
Oracle Ridge Mining LLC does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Oracle Ridge Mining LLC employees or any other company location. Oracle Ridge Mining LLC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List