Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
856945 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
November 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 31, 2012
- [Company] is one of the world’s foremost, diversified chemical companies with leading positions in agricultural, industrial and consumer markets. [Company] had $3.2 Billion in sales and has approximately 5000 employees throughout the world in 2011. From our inception in 1883, [Company] has been providing solutions to the world’s best companies and their customers. Today, we use an array of advanced technologies in research and development to improve the delivery of medications; enhance foods and beverages; power batteries; protect crop yields, structures and lawns, and advance the manufacturing of glass, ceramics, plastics, pulp and paper, textiles and other products. [Company] maintains leading positions in three chemical markets: Agricultural, Specialty and Industrial. In a time when many organizations are experiencing a downturn in business, [Company] is on target to reach its planned growth goals, as part of Vision 2015.
Major Responsibility Areas (MRA)
- Provide technical support to and the operation of process equipment used in the evaluation of non-gelatin hydrocolloid based systems for the production of soft capsules, by
- Servicing of process equipment and maintaining laboratory areas at a state of operational readiness
- Monitoring and stocking of raw material inventory for experiments
- Accurately weighing of materials for experiments
- Preparation and assembly of processing equipment for safe operation
- Following of processing procedures for conducting experiments
- Documentation of experimental processing conditions and observations in a laboratory notebook
- Troubleshooting of process related problems, identifying solutions as needed
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment, post process
- Adherence to site safety procedures
- Assisting in the testing of experimental samples generated either as a result of running the process or as generated elsewhere, by
- Familiarizing oneself with all relevant test methods used to characterize samples
- Undertaking testing of samples in accordance to supervised instruction and as documented in relevant procedures
- Record of all results and observations written clearly and concisely in appropriate format in a laboratory notebook
- Maintain safe, productive, and environmentally acceptable working conditions and adhere to all safety rules, policies, and standard operating procedures
- Participate in safety meetings
- Work with an assigned safety coach to maintain safe working habits
- Read, understand, and sign applicable SOP’s before undertaking tasks
- The applicant will be expected to have, or to rapidly demonstrate:
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a pharmaceutical or food/nutraceutical laboratory, pilot or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of laboratory or pilot/production scale processing equipment.
- Preference given to experience with soft gelatin capsule manufacture or similar equipment used in solid oral dose form manufacture (e.g. mixers, capsule machines).
- Ability to operate laboratory test equipment with a minimum of training for sample evaluation (e.g. moisture analyzer, texture analyzer, etc.)
- Possess basic computer software skills (e.g. EXCEL and WORD) for collecting and analyzing data in spreadsheets and for reporting experimental findings in a written document format
- Ability to effectively communicate experimental results both orally and in writing
- Ability to safely lift materials and equipment that weigh up to 50 lbs and assist others with lifting items in excess of 50 lbs.
- Flexibility with working hours; but preference is for the period of 7AM to 3:30PM
- High school education
- Associate or Bachelors in Bio-Engineering or Chemistry preferred
- Motivated and Resourceful
- Team Player
- Conscientious and Detail Oriented
- Personable and Enthusiastic
- Willing to be flexible in work hours
- Hard work ethic, Independent and Organized
- Able to multitask and respond efficiently to changing priorities
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List