Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
856954 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
November 1, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 31, 2012
- Work in a group environment to manage and optimize the land management function and assigned land assets of Aggregates, Cement, Ready Mix and Corporate through the land management cycle applying established land management best practices, company policy, and management decision making.
- Participate in and support business development activities, mine planning, management of real property taxes and related activities and functions and coordinate with other internal and external functional and operational areas.
- Property Acquisition: Manage, in close coordination with the VP/GM’s, the acquisition process for new properties, including due diligence, valuation, negotiations and the CER process.
- Property Divestiture: Manage, in close coordination with the VP/GM’s, the process of identifying and divesting surplus land, including the CDR process.
- Strategic Planning: Assist VP/GMs in the development of strategic analysis and long-term land acquisition strategies for key market areas.
- Licensing & Permitting: Manage the process of acquiring land related licenses and permits for aggregate, ready mix concrete and asphalt sites, including mining/reclamation, wetland, and zoning issues.
- Permitting Compliance: Monitor compliance with existing permits
- Community & Government Relations: Manage and maintain consistent relationships with key politicians, key decision makers in governmental agencies, local organizations, and community groups to ensure that [Company] and its role as the leader in the aggregate, concrete, and asphalt industry is clearly defined.
- Achievement of Management Objectives: Work in a team environment with senior management and staff in all divisions to implement key components of A&C’s performance goals and objectives.
- Reporting: Comply with reporting requirements of [Company] Group, LNA and regulatory agencies in respect to land and reserves.
- Mine Planning Coordination: Coordinate with mine planning staff on reserve and reclamation activities in relation to database and permitting requirements. Assist the Regional Mine Planner with respect to acquisitions, mine planning/stripping programs, and reserves management.
- LIS Management: Assist with the management of the Land Information System (LIS).
- Regulatory Reporting: Manage and provide direction with respect to annual compliance of regulatory reporting requirements for land related licenses and permits, reclamation, community relations, and lease management.
- Direct Land Management responsibility for approximately 40+/- Aggregates and other sites in the River Area Market.
- Indirect Land Management responsibility for approximately 30+/- Ready Mix sites and 20+/- Cement sites in the River Area Market.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of assigned sites and establish working rapport and work with operations, manufacturing, environmental management, and other functional areas.
- Facilitate and manage land acquisition, leases and other agreements including development, negotiation and administration of agreements and maintenance of agreement relationships.
- Develop or assist in the development of and approval of land-related capital requests.
- Manage land-related licensing, permitting and zoning processes including coordination with other functions, application, compliance and oversight, reporting, etc. Monitor local zoning activities and ordinance changes for impacts and opportunities.
- Coordinate with and support activities related to safety, real property taxes, mining plans, stripping/overburden removal, budgeting, reporting of reserves, number of sites, and other data
- Support in business development projects for property research, evaluation, due diligence, valuation, and business presentations; identify and evaluate potential new reserves.
- Compile, enter, and maintain data and documents in the Land Information System (LIS); ensure maintenance of essential documents in land information file system.
- Support and foster best management practices related to site stewardship.
- Ensure local community involvement at sites by working with plant managers and divisional staff through community meetings, open houses, community projects and education, etc. Liaise and develop relationships with local and regional councilors, municipal staff and adjacent neighbors.
- Represent [Company] on industry-related committees/associations. Ensure [Company] recognition through the production, in coordination with divisional staff, of industry and association awards and other means.
- Lead or support progressive reclamation and rehabilitation of sites to optimize post-operational use and disposition.
- Lead, facilitate and optimize divestment of surplus properties including evaluation of potential uses or benefits across product lines.
- Support and contribute to the performance of the Land Management team and continually foster established Land Management Best Practices throughout the Business Unit.
- Perform other duties as required.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports directly to the Senior Land Manager; reports dotted line to an Aggregate market area VPGM.
- Works closely with the Land Team members, Environmental Management, Finance, Manufacturing, and Operations Team, Sales and others.
- Supervises, coordinates or manages work of various external service providers including attorneys, surveyors, appraisers, real estate brokers, drillers, and other technical and non-technical services.
- Responsible for managing land activities and projects 2-4 product lines across River Area Market geographically involving 40-90 sites.
- Responsible for acquisitions, agreements, permitting, reclamation and divestments involving and impacting thousands of acres, tens to hundreds of millions tons of reserves and millions of dollars.
- Manage multiple projects through use of diverse resources.
- Travel is anticipated 30-50% of work time.
Education & Work Experience:
- Four-year degree in analytical fields, preferably in engineering, land use/planning, geology, or a related field, or the equivalent of education and professional experience.
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience, in addition to education, in the construction materials industry or a similar or related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A working knowledge of typical local, state, regional, and some federal organizations, processes, regulations and legislation affecting the construction materials and related industry and land issues.
- Relevant real estate, land, property and/or industry-related background, training, or experience.
- High proficiency with all major and basic office computer technology systems and applications and internet-based systems for research, information, and resources. Ability and willingness to learn new systems and applications. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset.
- Strong demonstrated organization and coordination skills and handling of multiple, simultaneous priorities and projects.
- Experience and knowledge of state and local regulations, government operations, and resources in Louisiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri a plus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List