Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
856956 Job Summary
Environmental Health & Safety
Employer Job Id:
November 1, 2012
December 31, 2012
Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health & Safety Job Description:
- Take the lead in coordinating HS&E activities across the plant.
- Complete all required DHEC, OSHA and other required reporting accurately and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor new HSE regulatory requirements and ensure the site remains in compliance.
- Supervise the activities of WWT technicians to ensure reliability and compliance of waste water discharge, and in accordance with site supervisory principles
- Oversee the ISO14000 system registration to current standard.
- Conduct behavior and condition based audits each month.
- Lead or participate in accident or environmental incident investigations and act as a resource to insure follow-up actions are thorough and complete.
- Maintain recordkeeping systems for the plant including monthly incident statistics, injury trend data and corrective action and audit follow-up.
- Ensure that Regulatory Training Programs and Plant Procedures are consistent with regulatory and company requirements.
- Address day to day HS&E issues.
- Develop and maintain HS&E communications, awareness and incentive programs, i.e. posters, bulletins, graphs, rewards, etc.
- Ensure that HS&E issues are communicated and support the departments to resolve issues
- Participate on Divisional Health and Safety Lead Team
- Promote HS&E awareness, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement classroom HS&E training.
- Conduct monthly safety meeting presentations.
- Assist in HS&E audits and hazard reviews of new or modified equipment/processes.
- Active member of HSE Steering Committee.
- Must be able to train and develop new and current employees
- Primary role will be to assist with environmental compliance and permitting, and this will be a paperwork heavy role. This is a non-hazardous position requiring no medical monitoring or certifications, nor is PPE required.
- Must be organized and familiar with EPA/DHEC regulations. Suominen sits on roughly 300 acres, and the primary environmental item that needs monitoring is waste water effluent. They currently have a successful health and safety plan in place, and one individual who acts as the H&S champion. They also are paying an environmental consultant to perform their environmental paperwork several days a month. This individual will combine the two roles, replacing the environmental consultant and their current safety person.
- H&S - Uncategorized
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List