Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
873679 Job Summary
Instrumentation Technologist - Horizon Oil Sands
Employer Job Id:
December 17, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
January 30, 2013
Instrumentation Technologist - Horizon Oil Sands
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Instrumentation Specialist will participate actively with the Contractors in the development of all engineering deliverables (EDS and Detailed Engineering) related to his specialty on time and on budget, and ensuring that all applicable standards, best practices, specifications and regulations (particularly those related to HSE requirements) are met.
This position presents a challenging opportunity to work with a technically high-level multi-disciplinary engineering team on a complex, high value project. There is plenty of opportunity to contribute your expertise and innovation to create value through improving operability, maintainability and safety.
***This is an open-ended contract position***
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Supervise and coordinate the efforts of the Contractors in his area of specialty, ensuring that the Contractor performs diligently all his obligations under the contract (quality, schedule and cost)
• Analyze and bring to the Engineering Manager’s attention any instruction to the Contractors that may affect Scope or Work, Schedule, Costs and/or applicable standards and specifications
• Coordinate the participation of the various Canadian Natural groups, ensuring that input to the Contractors is adequate and timely, and in accordance with the roles and responsibilities defined in the approved RACI charts
• Participate in the bid package preparation and in the review of the various bids for EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) phase of the project
• Foster a productive and open communication across Horizon project teams and business units that may influence or may be influenced by our activities (such as Utilities and Offsite, Site Preparation, Engineering Integration and others)
• Maintain a technical link with the discipline engineers to ensure consistency with all Canadian Natural practices and standards
• Provide technical assistance during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up
• Provide direction and design review for electrical systems for all phases of the project including conceptual design, detailed design, construction, and commissioning and start-up
• Develop and review project design standards and specifications, equipment data sheets, plant layouts and related documentation
• Work with EPCs in the development of all engineering deliverables, EDS (Engineering Design Specification) and Detailed Engineering related to area of specialty
• Ensure construction conforms to the approved Construction Work Package plans and specifications
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Instrumentation Technologist certification or relevant Engineering Degree
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Instrument and controls engineering design
o Working in a hands-on role in an oil sands or mineral processing industry
o Froth Treatment
o DCS systems including DeltaV
o Microsoft Office suite at an intermediate level
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List