MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Thermal In Situ Oil Sands
Canadian Natural’s oil sands assets offer the professional with proven expertise an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. Your innovation is welcomed at Canadian Natural.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
The Production Engineer is responsible for maximizing production rates and resource recovery for Canadian Natural’s thermal operations.
• Identify opportunities and execute plans to optimize and expand existing operations
• Optimize production design for new SAGD and CSS developments
• Broaden your experience and utilize your expertise through work on any of several and different asset teams
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Monitor all steaming and producing wells in your area with a view to maximize the efficiency of the operations and minimize cost on a daily basis
• Work with other team members (Exploitation, Exploration, Facilities, Land and Field Operations, Projects) to meet the production and financial targets in your area
• Work with the team to prepare development strategies and to define the scope of future developments to maximize shareholder value
• Provide scoping and preliminary design for proposed facility construction and upgrades and work closely with Well Servicing and Completions to ensure effective implementation of optimization strategies and well bore designs
• Provide estimates for and approve AFE’s for facilities and wells, and approve related invoicing
• Work closely with Field Operations to ensure that operating costs are within targets
• Contribute to area capital and operating budget
• Liaise with Production Accounting, Financial Accounting and Joint Ventures as required
• Typically 3+ years of related industry experience with an Engineering Degree
• Registration or eligibility of registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o CSS and/or SAGD well design, production operations and project economics
o Production facilities, process design, complemented by field experience
o Well completions and well servicing knowledge
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Production Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Production
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.