Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
884116 Job Summary
Plant Engineering: Electrical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
Sugar Land, TX
December 25, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 23, 2013
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
- [Company] , a [Company] company, is committed to providing our customers in the chemical, petrochemical and refining industries flexible solutions for their capital project and plant support needs. These solutions encompass the highest quality measures and safe practices in the industry.
- [Company] , offers a full range of services, including project management, controls and estimating, process design basis development, front-end engineering and design, detailed engineering and design, procurement, and engineering support during construction.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- Under general supervision, performs and checks moderately complex calculations and design, and other work using both computer-aided and manual design techniques for electrical, lighting design, fire alarm, one-line diagrams, panel schedules for commercial project engineering. Supports or leads the electrical designs with the Engineering lead and is responsible on a small-medium, low risk small capital services project, includes discipline coordination during design, change management with the client and occasional construction activities. On a weekly basis, update operations management on project status, including client relations, project cost and schedule, changes in scope, anticipated changes in project financial performance, and any other major concerns.
Intermediate level engineer responsible for the engineering project work:
- Develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the Client project management team
- Produces status reports of project activities that includes required financial reporting and participating in project reviews
- Writes scopes of work and works with the client to define the most effective methods for the projects
- Ensures that project records are identified, collected, indexed, filed, stored, and maintained (including Supplier records) in accordance with the Project File Index and Retention Schedule
- Reviews existing lessons learned and seeking advice from other experienced managers throughout the project
- Provides an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities
- Assists in developing rough order in magnitude estimates for proposed engineering projects with the client. Responsible to complete technical and commercial projects, with a concept of the means and methods of project execution, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and proposal strategy
- Interfaces and coordinates with internal and external clients as required for successful project execution
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and assumes responsibility for the safety of those persons being supervised and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
- Establishes and administers the project Change Management Process to ensure the timely identification of changes/deviations to project scope, quality level, cost, and schedule and the prompt submittal and follow-up of change orders
- Confirms close-out requirements as well as prepares engineering close-out procedures and closeout report
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- 7-12 total years of experience
- Professional Engineering license in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Must have AutoCAD experience and proficiency
- Requires 4-7 years of experience as Project Engineer with experience as a design or construction engineer on projects
- Possesses a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with commercial engineering drawing requirements
- Good verbal and written communicational skills
- Professional Registration preferred
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets
- The use of Discipline Specific software may be required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List