Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
884124 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
New Braunfels, TX
December 25, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 23, 2013
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Apprentice will work to obtain and demonstrate all tasks and skills necessary to mechanically maintain cement plant operations.
- This position assists with a wide variety of maintenance and repair duties throughout the cement plant while learning the skills required to perform these tasks.
- Apprentice has up to one year to meet the skill set and safety requirements of a Maintenance Technician
- Performs other duties and special projects as required
Minimum Education And Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, some college or related trade school training strongly preferred
- Must have minimum of two years’ experience in heavy process equipment or a minimum of six months experience cement plant or similar operations
- Mechanical maintenance experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to reason through difficult operations problems, resolve said problems and/or relate same to others
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language
- Apprentice has up to one year to meet the following skill set and safety requirements of a Maintenance Technician:
- Ability to determine equipment conditions by visual observation and listening to its operation
- Ability to troubleshoot and isolate mechanical problems and perform needed repairs
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and lubrication of all plant equipment
- Ability to align couplings, motors and gearboxes with indicators and other equipment
- Ability to rebuild gearboxes and other equipment
- Ability to splice conveyor belts; install idlers, tail pulleys and all other parts needed in a belt conveyor
- Ability to read and understand equipment parts and assembly manuals (schematics as needed)
- Ability to read and use gauges, tape measure, squares and levels
- Ability to exhibit competence in shielding arc welding (stick)
- Must have excellent work and safety record
- Must understand lock-out procedure, confined space procedures, proper guarding and other safety requirements
- Climb up to 60 feet above ground on ladders and catwalks
- Stooping, bending, kneeling a minimum of 25 times per day
- Lift 75 lbs. three times per day, floor to waist level
- Walk/stand on uneven ground, walkways and catwalks throughout the work day
- Climb ladders, steps and inclined walks minimum of 2 hours per day
- Carry 50 lbs. minimum of 50 feet, 5 times per day
- Communicate in person or by radio minimum of 2 hours per day
- Manually position crane lifted parts and equipment and lift up to 80 lbs. parts waist high for mounting
- Ability to operate maintenance trucks, forklifts and man lifts (standard and automatic)
- Install and repair various parts while kneeling, bent over or overhead
- Work in tight areas to install and handle heavy parts (sideliners, slinger pans and other equipment)
- Ability to handle steel, machine parts and tools weighing up to 80 lbs. and assist others with this work
- Ability to work at heights up to 350’.
- Ability to use tools such as impact plant wrenches up to 2” drive torque wrenches, hand and power tools and sledge hammers up to 12 hours
Physical requirements include visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination, standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, climbing on equipment, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, climbing on equipment, working at heights up to 350 feet, repetitive motion, and squatting - all for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours) to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to work days or nights as required during equipment outages.
- Must be able to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions: heat, cold, dust, and wet a minimum of 8 hrs.per day. Work in high noise level areas while wearing proper PPE. May have exposure to dust, cement, clinker, limestone, clay, gypsum, sand, diesel exhaust, lubricants, solvents, various fuels, etc. (See MSDS’s)
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List