Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
884131 Job Summary
Inventory and Materials Handler
Employer Job Id:
December 25, 2012
Bruker AXS Inc.
February 23, 2013
Inventory and Materials Handler
Bruker Daltonics is a leading manufacturer of mass spectrometry instruments and accessories for pharmaceutical, biochemical and chemical research. We currently have an immediate need for an Inventory and Materials Handler in our Billerica, Ma. facility.
The Inventory and Materials Handler will be directly responsible for maintaining orderly and accurate inventory locations within the warehouse and designated storage locations as well as processing of product shipments for domestic and international shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. (Other duties may be assigned as conditions change):
- Responsible for executing accurate inventory transactions for the receipt, issuance, and movement of raw materials, packaging components, and finished goods to support Manufacturing, Sales Order Shipments, and Customer Service using the ERP system
- Maintains orderly and accurate inventory locations within the warehouse and designated storage areas by detailed processing of all inventory documents, to maintain goal of 100% accuracy of inventory
- Responsible for the proper storage and identification of material while maintaining proper lot/batch/revision/serial number segregation in compliance with CGMP and FDA guidelines where applicable
- Identification and documentation of non-compliant items (NCPR) as well as conducting appropriate quarantine activities and transactions
- Interacts with Planning & Procurement departments to resolve production and/or vendor receipt issues
- Will be directly involved in the preparation and counting for annual inventories as well as investigations to resolve inventory variances and discrepancies as required
- Actively participates in all cycle- counting activities to facilitate meeting 100% inventory accuracy goal within the warehouse operations
- Must be able to effectively recognize and communicate problems and issues that arise as well as contributing to the documentation and resolution of the issues encountered
- Assist in shipping activities to pack and process packages for both domestic and international shipping in compliance with Government and standard business practices, based on information supplied by Order Administration, Service Center, Engineering, or Operations
- Will assist in the material arrangement of the warehouse, stockroom, and other storage areas to utilize available space in a clean, orderly, and efficient manner
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing, Materials Planning or Warehouse Operations (Medical Device or regulated industry environment is required)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of MRP concepts
- Experience with cycle-counting programs and physical inventory activities
- Working knowledge & ERP data entry experience needed (SAP, Oracle, or BAAN systems preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with DHL, FEDEX and UPS data entry for package transport. Experience with US customs/International shipping regulations a plus
- Able to utilize Excel, Word, Outlook, and Office applications
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Fork lift license or certificate
- Our work environment requires steel toed shoes to be worn. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds in the form of boxes and packages, located from floor height to overhead. May operate a pallet jack or forklift.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List