Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining and construction company with major projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia, Mongolia and Africa.
Macmahon has been named preferred contractor to deliver open cut mining services for the expansion of Fortescue Metals Group's Christmas Creek iron ore mine. The five year contract will see Macmahon commence operations immediately, with full production to be achieved by mid-2013.
We are seeking skilled people to work on this exciting new project, with an immediate start available for most roles. Macmahon offers competitive rosters with fly-in-fly-out direct to the project location.
We have a requirement for an experienced Indigenous Engagement Advisor to join the crew on 8:6 rosters.
This role is a critical member of the Mining Indigenous Engagement team to assist the Project Director and Mining Manager to identify and create subcontract opportunities for Indigenous businesses across the Christmas Creek project. They will also provide support and advice to Line Managers and Indigenous employees in the workplace to ensure a positive work environment.
Your responsibilities will include:·
- Working with the Indigenous Engagement Superintendent to actively identify business opportunities for indigenous businesses as part of the contractual project obligations.
- Provide advice and support to local Indigenous groups to put together business proposals and identify supporting business requirements.
- Provide support and expert advice to Line Managers in relation to Indigenous employment issues.
- Provide support and guidance to employees as an aid to resolving any work or non-work related issues that workers may be facing that affect their employment.
- Prepare monthly reports on indigenous business spend, Indigenous business performance, Indigenous employment and mentoring activities that have been undertaken, including issues management and risk and opportunity.
Essential skills and experience includes:
- 3+ years' experience in mining or resource industry
- Experience in building relationships with indigenous people and businesses
- Commercial administration or project administration experience
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals and in groups.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with limited supervision
- Cert IV in Business, Commerce, Human Resources or like qualification
- C Class DL
You'll enjoy great new camp facilities with direct access to the airport, training and development opportunities with a competitive salary all provided in a safe and efficient environment.
If you are interested in this position then APPLY NOW and look forward to working on this expanding operation with Macmahon.