Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
885524 Job Summary
Mgr. - GM -mines (coal)
Employer Job Id:
January 2, 2013
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
February 1, 2013
Mgr. - GM -mines (coal)
Project Planning & Management
Safety / Health & Environmental Management System
- Planning and Operation of Opencast coal mines.
- Preparation of feasibility reports/Project reports, mining plans of coal blocks.
- Supervising project activities and handling the complete project management cycle entailing requirement gathering and final execution of projects.
- Finalizing requirements and specifications in consultation with engineering consultants/ collaborators, external suppliers, contractors & clients.
- Controlling the project cost with in the budget and monitoring of Cash Flow - Cost Control. Sending project progress report to customers.
- Mining Operations
- Using various techniques to determine the best method of mining & planning.
- Monitoring Operations, optimum utilisation of equipment, resource planning, equipment deployment etc for goal attainment.
- Planning operations for delivering guaranteed results and returning the mining site to its natural state after the deposits have been exhausted.
- Implementing Mining statute with least cost and lean manpower in Mines operating with out-sourced equipment and manpower.
- Handling projects starting from identification of potential block, to planning and exploiting the same.
- Managing the daily drilling & Blasting and Loading & Transport Operations on several quarry faces.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, Mining Research Organisations, contractors, clients, shareholders, corporate managers, state and central government agencies.
- Creating effective procedures for the preparation and implementation of programs within the area of industrial safety, security and the environment in plant.
- Conducting Safety Audits & Risk Assessment; implementing Safety Management Systems.
- Overseeing Haul Design, Blasting Techniques, Belt Erection, laying of Transmission lines, Haul Road maintenance, HEMM Maintenance, installation of substations planning for Manpower, Electrical Power, Machinery requirements for achieving Annual Production Targets, Good Knowledge on Environmental laws and their compliance, safety Management plan.
- Ensuring resourceful operations & maintenance of opencast mines including heavy mining machinery
- Planning & implementing the preventive & predictive maintenance schedules for improving the overall reliability and safety of Machines and personnel.
- Tracking daily breakdowns, implementing preventive maintenance programmes to improve the efficiency of the system or the equipment undergoing maintenance.
- Training Mining Officials, Staff and competent persons as per Mining statute.
- Directing, leading and motivating workforce; imparting continuous on job training for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness/ efficiency.
- Working on succession planning of the workforce, rendering guidance to the staff & resolving interpersonal issues & working towards a harmonious work environment.
Best in Industry
Mining / Quarrying
Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Coal, Mines, Mining, Planning, Operation, Production
Desired Candidate Profile
(UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Mining) AND (PG - Other) AND ( Doctorate - Any Doctorate - Any Specialization, Doctorate Not Required)
Must be Engineering Graduate in BE/B.Tech - Mining Engineering.
Must have First Class Mines Mgr. Certificate (DGMS, Dhanbad).
Should have Exposure of woking in Opencast & Underground both Mines.
- Planning / Organizing / Supervision
- Productivity Enhancement
- Drilling / Blasting / Mining Operations
- Team Management
- Safety / Cost control measures
- Interpersonal Skills
- Contract / Tender Management
- Problem solving techniques
- Dependable professional
- Statutory compliance
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List