MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
As part of the Mine Engineering team for the Horizon Oil Sands plant, the Lead Engineer will guide a team providing technical expertise, problem solving and engineering solutions for long range mine planning.
The Horizon Oil Sands mine began operations in 2009 – this is a young mine with barrels and barrels of potential for you to make your mark! Due to the massive resource base, the mine and plant facilities are expected to produce for decades to come.
In this role you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge gained through many years of experience in oil sand operating environment, mineral processing plant, mining or related industry. You will apply this expertise to create optimized long range plans that are aligned with existing operations and future project expansions of this significant asset.
Further your career at a management level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Mentor and manage a team of Experienced Mine Engineers and Technologists as well as New Graduates and EITs to facilitate their professional development
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Utilize Mintec and/or Minesight software packages for execution of successful plans
• Develop, manage and optimize annual budgets and forecasts based on changing priorities and requirements in accordance with company guidelines
• Recommend equipment purchases that are reflective of the capital spending estimates
• Typically 20+ years of related industry expertise with an engineering degree in Mining, Civil or Mechanical
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Worked in an open pit or heavy construction role
o Writing and presenting project justifications
o Capital project development, execution and reporting
o Heavy equipment
o Surface de-watering and pumping systems
o ‘OTR’ tire management
o Minetec and/or Minesight
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To see related Mining Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Mining
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.