MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
The Mine Efficiency Specialist has the opportunity to maximize the efficiency of the mining operations through implementation and optimization of technological solutions. You will work interactively with mine technical services, mine operations and mine maintenance to capitalize the utilization of the production fleet.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Fully support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Mine Fleet Management System including dispatch. Areas of focus include:
o Geology and Mine Planning
o Production Control and Operations Planning
o Real-Time Mine Operations Control (Equipment Dispatch)
o Operations and Equipment Monitoring
o Mine Performance
o Operations and Maintenance Reporting
o Engineering and Data Analysis and Warehousing
• Optimize Mine Dispatch for Efficient production. Monitor defects reported to and fixes submitted by the vendor
• Work interactively with Mine Technical Service, Mine Operations and Mine Maintenance to ensure consistent quality control of feed
• Support the implementation and development of Mine Planning Software
• Identify how to use system to improve current engineering of roads, fuel usage, loading time etc. through recommendations
• Fully Support the integration of the Mine Fleet Management System with other IT systems throughout the site, such as ERP Systems, Production Planning and Feed Forward Control
• Measure performance and quantify improvements in efficiency made through implementation of technologies in the Mine Operation, including the Mine Dispatch and Fleet Management
• Typically 5+ years of related industry expertise in the mining with an engineering degree in mining or related work experience
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Experience in mobility dispatch and Wenco
o Mine fleet management systems and mine planning software systems
o Knowledge of hardware systems including GPS networks, wireless communication infrastructure and database services
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To see related Mining Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Mining