Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
899163 Job Summary
Geotechnical Engineer, Mining
Employer Job Id:
January 29, 2013
March 30, 2013
Description and Desired Qualifications
- Help save and protect the one and only Earth we have. Our Geotechnical Engineer jobs are your opportunity to help restore environmentally impaired mining sites, and support mine planning and design. You will support mining projects in all phases of the mining life-cycle, from feasibility studies through detailed design and construction. You should be a self-motivated, team-focused individual with a minimum B.S. in Engineering (M.S. preferred) and successful 10-20 year track record in the geotechnical engineering field, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each geotechnical engineer job.
Our Geotechnical Engineers:
- Contribute expertise in mine tailing and waste rock pile closure, and facilities design to support planning for new mines and/or mine expansions
- Manage tasks for mining projects involving feasibility studies, design, permitting, and construction
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques and procedures for engineering analysis
- Support projects for both industrial and federal clients
- Understand regulatory requirements and interface effectively with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients
- Plan, execute and supervise geotechnical site investigations to support closure design and design of new facilities
- Possess a working knowledge of geotechnical design software, and utilize industry-accepted software to perform geotechnical analyses of settlement/consolidation, slope stability, liquefaction, and seepage to support design
- Perform field inspection of earthwork construction and foundation conditions for structures
- Prepare and review technical reports and data reports
- Lead and support safety programs and procedures
- Complete tasks within schedule and budget constraints
- Maintain licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Position consists of approximately 25% field work/traveling and 75% office. CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H-1B visa, etc.) to fill this position. Location for this position is flexible within the mountain west. Preferred locations are Denver, Phoenix, Durango, Reno, and Albuquerque.
- BS in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering.
- PE license
- Minimum 10 years geotechnical engineering experience, including significant experience on mining projects
- Requires general knowledge of mine closure and facilities design practices and relevant federal and state regulations
- MSHA certification or ability to obtain
- Must be able to perform field work
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in USA
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List