Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
899197 Job Summary
Entry Level QA\QC Manager
Employer Job Id:
January 29, 2013
March 30, 2013
TIC- Western District is a district or business unit of TIC -The Industrial Company, which is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation . Headquartered in Bakersfield, CA, TIC -Western builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Located in Bakersfield, CA, TIC -Western is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work experiences and education, allowing the new employee to make significant contributions to the project success. Individuals seeking employment with a company known for their financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities, commitment to people development, and an outstanding performance record will find employment with TIC -Western to be a fulfilling career choice, with long term benefits.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineers are responsible for inspections and tests pertaining to a specific craft such as welding, piping, concrete or mechanical. In addition the Level IV will perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor. To maximize his/her effectiveness, the QA/QC engineer must develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate as business needs.
- Material takeoffs
- Work plan development
- Tracking of quantities and costs
- Coordination between engineering and construction activities
- Subcontract and material contract management
- Material receipt inspections
- Participation in daily safety tours and tool box meetings
- Update trend charts and progress curves
- Purchasing, expediting and coordination of materials
- Knowledge of quality control procedures relating to construction activities
- Other duties as assigned.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in USA
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List