Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
899198 Job Summary
Procurement Processes Consultant
Employer Job Id:
January 29, 2013
TXI Riverside Cement Co.
March 30, 2013
Procurement Processes Consultant
- Under the general direction of the Director of Procurement Processes, the Procurement Processes Consultant will be responsible for the P2P (Procure-to-Pay) processes, identifying opportunities to improve all procurement processes and tools, as well as, helping with the overall strategy, vision, and priorities of the Procurement organization and TXI . Additional responsibilities include the maintenance of purchasing-related master data, implementation and support of new and existing B2B partners, and assisting with the development and delivery of training necessary for the continued enhancement of procurement processes and tools.
- Leads team in identifying opportunities to improve internal processes and tools, leading to a reduction in the TCO of materials and services for the Company.
- Works with the Director to identify, develop, and implement innovative ideas, best practices, processes, and procedures for procurement.
- Participates in projects related to the Procurement organization roadmap, including requirements gathering, business process maps and narratives, design review, impact analysis, testing and production support.
- Responsible for the maintenance of purchasing-related master data including , but not limited to, master items, organizations, locations, and the analysis, design, configuration and testing of all purchasing processes and systems.
- Works with the Procurement Process Trainer and Procurement Supplier/Pcard Administrator to develop the necessary documentation to support internal business partners with procurement business processes and tools.
- Effectively communicates the consistent and efficient use of P2P processes throughout the Company.
- Interacts with key internal and external business partners, customers and business groups to stay current with procurement processes and best practices, business challenges, potential projects, and understand how to set priorities and execute procurement initiatives.
- Leads and/or participates in work teams to resolve problems while prompting other members to contribute and focus on the project to ensure successes.
- Leads the support team for all P2P process issues providing prompt resolution or response to reported issues.
- Works closely with non-Procurement internal service organizations, specifically Accounts Payable and Information Services, to identify and resolve P2P process issues, as well as, continuous improvement opportunities within the P2P process.
- Assists with change management by guiding others to understand procurement processes and champions procurement skill development on a continuous basis as part of the overall T3 initiative, “Transforming TXI Together”.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain Management required; MBA or advanced degree highly preferred.
- Professional certifications (APICS, PMP, CPSM, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred.
- 3-5 years process re-engineering/design experience required.
- 5+ years hands-on procurement life cycle experience required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the implementation and use of Oracle e-Business Suite version 11i Financials and Procurement applications such as Purchasing, iProcurement and Payables required.
- Oracle R12, Inventory, Manufacturing, eAM, and other Advanced Procurement experience highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of cross-functional and integrated business processes, specifically P2P.
Proven leadership skills in leading and managing change by example; demonstrating independent thinking while also working in a collaborative teamwork-oriented atmosphere to deliver the desired business results.
Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills demonstrating attention to detail;, taking the initiative to see tasks through to completion with high quality and reliable results.
Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain multi-level business processes and IS solutions in a concise business oriented way to all levels of the organization.
Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Must be able to understand and design complex business processes.
Must be able to think outside the box while using common IT tools to implement new processes.
Must be able to read and write and speak fluently in the English language.
Must be able to handle varied workloads.
Work requires the ability and willingness to travel.
Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 5 pounds from ground to waist, visual, speech and hearing acuity, hand and eye coordination, manual dexterity, repetitive motion, must be able to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, climb stairs, bend and stoop, and drive and automobile.
Most time is spent in an air conditioned office environment with occasional outside assignments that may require short periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List