Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
899212 Job Summary
Entry Level Business Manager
Employer Job Id:
January 29, 2013
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
March 30, 2013
[Company] is a district or business unit of[Company] , which is a subsidiary of[Company] . Headquartered in Bakersfield, CA, [Company] Western builds major industrial projects in diversified markets throughout Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Located in Bakersfield, CA, [Company] Western is seeking individuals who are open to regular relocation for career development opportunities and who desire job responsibilities in field operations ranging from project controls, craft management, safety, quality, and contract administration. A new employee’s initial work assignments complement their previous work experiences and education, allowing the new employee to make significant contributions to the project success. Individuals seeking employment with a company known for their financial stability, broad range of specialized capabilities, commitment to people development, and an outstanding performance record will find employment with [Company] -Western to be a fulfilling career choice, with long term benefits.
- The qualified applicant in this position: supervises field accounting staff including office managers, reception, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and, as assigned, other office functions at the field site and/or project level; manages accounting functions per accounting deadlines and standardized procedures; is responsible for accounting information systems installations, upgrades, connectivity, data input and data file back-ups in the field.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of basic accounting functions.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate as business needs.
- This staff position reports to the Project Engineer.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of all business aspects of an assigned project.
- Troubleshooting job conditions, accounting, financial projections, human resources, payroll, purchasing, taxes, and subcontracts.
- High level of involvement in the operation of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Support compliance effort relating to EEO, DBE/MBE, Environmental, DOT, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state taxes including payroll, use and property taxes.
- Supervises project business office staff including accounts payable, payroll, and reception functions.
- Forecast revenue and costs.
- Ensures documentation is complete supporting subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates including bonding, insurance and lien releases.
- Involvement in project office complex setup.
- Responsible for training subordinate business office personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List