Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
899214 Job Summary
Entry Level Business Manager
Employer Job Id:
January 29, 2013
TIC Southwest is one of five business entities within TIC-The Industrial Company , a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation . TIC Southwest is a unique business unit because of its presence and project success within the diverse energy and mining markets. TIC Southwest leadership is valued by current employees for their commitment to employee development through use of an impactful mentorship program, individual career development plans, and effective on-the-job training. TIC Southwest offers career advancement opportunities, job security, and generous employee benefit packages to their team mates. Individuals interested in employment with TIC Southwest district, should be teachable, driven, outgoing, outspoken, and willing to relocate or travel regularly because the career advancement opportunities with the projects are in remote locations throughout Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. If you are looking for diverse, challenging projects, lots of responsibility, leaders who are eager to mentor you, and endless opportunities for growth and development, then TIC Southwest district would be a fulfilling career choice for you.
- The qualified applicant in this position: supervises field accounting staff including office managers, reception, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and, as assigned, other office functions at the field site and/or project level; manages accounting functions per accounting deadlines and standardized procedures; is responsible for accounting information systems installations, upgrades, connectivity, data input and data file back-ups in the field.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of basic accounting functions.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate as business needs.
- This staff position reports to the Project Engineer.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of all business aspects of an assigned project.
- Troubleshooting job conditions, accounting, financial projections, human resources, payroll, purchasing, taxes, and subcontracts.
- High level of involvement in the operation of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Support compliance effort relating to EEO, DBE/MBE, Environmental, DOT, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state taxes including payroll, use and property taxes.
- Supervises project business office staff including accounts payable, payroll, and reception functions.
- Forecast revenue and costs.
- Ensures documentation is complete supporting subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates including bonding, insurance and lien releases.
- Involvement in project office complex setup.
- Responsible for training subordinate business office personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List