Maintenance Manager Job Description:
- Supervises, coordinates and manages daily maintenance activities including developing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to sustain 85-90% machine reliability. Also responsible for maintaining building and grounds. Designs, develops, installs and documents new and/or existing processes, equipment and tooling. Assures highest quality to meet OSHA standards as well as cost efficient manufacturing processes. Expertise includes but is not limited to tool engineering, industrial engineering, electrical, pneumatics, MIG welding, resistance welding, assembly, plant lay-out and safety and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for machine and facility maintenance – preventive and predictive
- Ensure 85-90% equipment/machine up-time through response time and quality PM inspections.
- Document and implement improvements to the preventive/predictive equipment maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for implementing a computerized PM program for production equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply of spare parts to minimize equipment down-time.
- Communicate equipment status to Operations team and sales as required.
- Maintains a requisition log with performance to budget on all maintenance related activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the Maintenance Department budget.
- Creates cost templates for assembly cells.
- Responsible for developing improvements to existing processes, tooling, and equipment including detailed analysis of capacity and finances and provides detailed recommendations for process direction and implementation.
- Carries out common engineering and management duties: blueprint reading and creation, documentation, AutoCAD, environmental practices.
- Understanding and working knowledge of all related Quality Objectives, Quality Systems, Safety Policies, Procedures, and instructions.
- Manages the installation of new equipment during the launch process.
- Engage in formal problem-solving techniques to locate, identify, and eliminate waste.
- Directly supervises 5 employees in Maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develops and manages employees work schedules. Approves and plans for employee vacations.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical ability with a very strong mechanical aptitude.
- Supervisory experience (must have managed personnel in an industrial / manufacturing environment in the areas of reliability and maintenance.
- Experience with equipment reliability management, and project management.
Required Skills for Maintenance Manager Job:
- Maintenance Repair Production Equipment
- Maintenance Supervision