|Location:||Summit, PA||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||7057||CareerMine Job Id:||1351402|
- The Maintenance Supervisor will help manage the repair, alteration and preventative maintenance of the plant to improve the productivity of the operation. He/She will supervise maintenance mechanics in order to get both planned and unplanned maintenance needs completed in an efficient and effective manner. In conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, is responsible for balancing priorities, manpower, material, and equipment availability to develop department and individual work schedules. Is responsible for safety, quality of work, and productivity of the maintenance technicians through direct leadership and coordination with production department in a highly involved work place.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise maintenance mechanics and work performed by contractors. Manage planned and unplanned maintenance work and jobs for both daily work and maintenance outages. Provide on-the-spot, on-the-job equipment-related expertise and technical guidance. Enhance communication and coordination between maintenance and other departments, especially the production department.
- Effectively manages the utilization of planned maintenance hours to maximize machine line efficiency and production volumes. Actively participate in the planning, coordination, and implementation of maintenance activities to ensure they are consistently successfully completed in the allotted time frame while ensuring the work completed allows for excellent machine reliability. Follow up on issues that did not go as planned during shutdowns and implement methods to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide a safe work place through adherence to company safety policy, housekeeping and defined standards of training. Lead maintenance department safety meetings. Monitor compliance to safety policies and procedures, conduct inspections of plant areas, and ensure deficiencies found are resolved or appropriately communicated. Ensure maintenance mechanics are well trained, involved, and committed to meeting department expectations including following all safety requirements.
- Provide leadership in department and administrative support required (approximately 30% in nature). Observe employee work skills and provide on-the-job training, tutoring and coaching. Suggest ways to improve methods, procedures and work practices. Address performance issues promptly and in a fair and consistent manner and provide effective and timely feedback. Identify continuing or new training requirements for the department.
- Support department expense target goals by minimizing maintenance costs without negatively impacting operating results. Support efforts to minimize cost for major repair items and efforts to minimize purchased maintenance costs by utilizing company personnel for maintenance and capital projects versus using outside contractors whenever possible. Evaluate alternative parts or new suppliers to improve costs. Identify shop and fabrication work opportunities that can be performed in house versus being completed by outside resources.
- Support efforts for the large capital projects within the plant. Participate in maintenance efforts to review equipment design, layout, and safety related aspects of new equipment. Communicate project plans and progress to the maintenance department and be a conduit for maintenance employee suggestions and concerns. Ensure maintenance mechanics understand changes that will result from new equipment.
- Minimum of Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 3 to 5 years management and/or supervisory experience and 5 or more year's skilled trade experience.
- Must have strong communicate, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Intermediate proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems, broad knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems (PLC, conveyors, crushers, and dust collectors), Candidate must be able to maintain electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Should have knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings and lubrication. Ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop drawings, and sketches is preferred.