- This position is responsible for performing basic lathe/milling operations by utilizing medium size machines including manual lathes/mills and inspect basic/routine parts for defects and wear.
- This position is requires vocational skills and is not a machine operator or CNC Machinist position.
- This position will be on a back shift.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, broaching, and conventional milling and lathe work using various engine lathes including but not limited to horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
- Use measuring devices and techniques to ensure proper sizings.
- Record data to produce expected service and/or design results including sizings and illustrations.
- Understand materials and their various applications in order to complete job.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools including but not limited to band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, and files to complete job.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and observe safety precautions
The position requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic mechanical knowledge required. One year machinist experience and/or machine trades technical schooling preferred.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Knowledge of trigonometry a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Travel may be required.