|Location:||Queensland||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||779111||CareerMine Job Id:||1345308|
[Company] is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and leadership to protect the function and reliability of the underground mining and process plant infrastructure and mobile equipment.
What the Role Entails
- Specification of maintenance strategies and detailing of corrective tasks to achieve plant operating targets;
- Delivery of defect elimination projects, failure analysis investigations and reports on an as required basis;
- Development of equipment availability forecasts;
- Provide data driven and sound inputs into the budget development process;
- Provide technical leadership to maintenance supervisors and maintainers;
- Provide technical expertise to the maintenance leadership group.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or trade qualified with a post graduate or associate degree;
- Solid Reliability engineering experience within minerals processing, or mining;
- Experience in conveyor systems, agitator drives, pump systems is desirable;
- Proficient in the use of data and interpretation of standards to guide decision making;
- High level of proficiency in the MS Office suite, and ideally in SAP;
- Ability to interact, communicate and influence across all levels of the organisation including maintenance and production functions;
- Ability to work unsupervised.
What We Offer You
You will be offered an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan. Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities. This is a FIFO full time role from Townsville or Brisbane on a combination 4/3, 4/3, 8/6 roster.
To be eligible for this position you must reside within a 50km radius of the Townsville or Brisbane Airport.
[Company] embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.