Atlas Copco Exploration Products engineers, manufactures, distributes and services a full range of core drilling equipment for use in mineral exploration to customers around the world.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Quality Control such as fracture analysis and metallography related to materials in collaboration with production and vendors
- Manage material standards and participate in strategic purchasing for vendor selection
- Collaborate with Product Managers concerning metallurgical aspects of their products
- Provide Metallurgical expertise for ACEP both product specifications and production process
- Design and Development for ACEP product lines including material selection
- Engineering, part specifications and continuous improvement project management
- Engineering Data management and data support for business systems
- Safeguard assets of the company in general but most specifically those within your area of responsibility
- To work within the guidelines of ISO Standards for Health & Safety, Quality and Environment
- Experience in the exploration, mining and/or manufacturing industry is an asset
- Experience with powder metallurgy is an asset
- Experience with design and development
- Auto Cad software
- Organized, detailed, analytical and results focussed
- Strong inter-personal, team work and communication skills
- Business applications software, auto cad and MS Office programs
- Capable of traveling domestically and internationally
- The working environment is English. Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset.
- Proven self starter who requires minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional command of the English and French language, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills. Able to use word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and/or desktop publishing software in an efficient manner;
- Team player;
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and to ensure they are clearly communicated to an audience.
- Ability to manage and coordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.