|Location:||Fort McKay, AB||Posted Date:||April 7, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||00130240-20170327||CareerMine Job Id:||1349069|
One of [Company]’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at [Company].
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
[Company] program is a multi-phase development that is a cornerstone of [Company]’s long-term growth strategy. The 60,000 Bbl/d, Phase 1 Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facility is located approximately 100 km northeast of the City of Fort McMurray.
[Company] is seeking a Millwright Technician to work within the cross-functional District Maintenance team. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in ongoing maintenance and future expansion of Sunrise Field Facilities and Sunrise Central Processing Facility.
The [Company] is committed to building a successful Maintenance team upon the principles of [Company]’s Operational Integrity & Management system. The Millwright Technician will play a key role in maintaining [Company] Phase 1. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this position will carry out ongoing Millwright maintenance utilizing the CMMS System (SAP). The Technician may also assist with commissioning activities of future mechanical projects.
This position is remote camp based with a rotational work arrangement of 7 days on, 7 Days Off. [Company] will supply transportation between designated hubs and the [Company] site. At the [Company] site, employees are provided comfortable camp accommodations and multiple recreational amenities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Execute maintenance activities including installation, troubleshooting and repairs on rotating equipment and systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance programs and periodic inspections of mechanical equipment to ensure regulatory compliance and best in class performance for the [Company].
- Participate as a member of the [Company] team in developing a proactive and progressive culture ensuring all operating activities are carried out in a planned, efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner in compliance with all [Company] and Regulatory health, safety and environmental codes, practices, policies, and regulations.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with other work groups within [Company] and with local stake holders and regulators.
- Ensure a high standard of data is maintained using CMMS (SAP) which includes BOMs, equipment masters, material masters, notification and work order history.
- Understands how to fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Align and test equipment to make any necessary adjustments
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Journeyman Millwright Certificate is required
- Journeyman Machinist Certification is considered an asset
- CMMS Experience – SAP
- Small project construction and commissioning experience
- Strong troubleshooting and plant process experience
- Have previous experience working in a maintenance setting
- Excellent computing skills (Microsoft office)
- Excellent teamwork, communication & organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
Other Position Requirements:
- Remote Camp Based
- Flight transportation provided from designated hubs only
- 7 Days on/7 days off rotation
- 12 hour shifts
- Valid Driver’s License
As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessments.
As this position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, applicants are asked to provide a recent (i.e., issued within the previous 4 weeks) original driver’s abstract for the preceding 3 year period when appearing for an interview.
At [Company], we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Aboriginal people, women, and persons with disabilities.