Client islooking for a professional Mining Engineer with10years progressive production experience in large open pit or mineral sands mining to take up post of Mine Manager at a Mineral Sands mine in Mozambique
- Professional and interpersonal skills/attributes
- Post Graduate Degrees - Bachelor of Engineering
- Degree in Mining Engineering or similar Technical Degree that is supported by practical work experience in mine production and mine engineering
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in large open pit or mineral sands mining with at least 5 years in a managerial role is essential.
- Mining operation management
- Strategic and short term mine planning
- Mining equipment selection and performance
- Contracts and Contractor management
- Strong conceptual thinking ability
- Resilience and Resourcefulness
- Performance Orientation
- Strong Influencing Skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
- Experience with operations and project development in a developing country environment.
- Awareness of culture, business environment and infrastructures issues.
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees in developing country.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the mining operation in compliance with Mozambique Mining (safe working) Regulations and company’s Health Safety and Environmental site requirements.
- Leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety standards that exceed world industry standards and any applicable legislation and achieve Zero Lost Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate.
- Develop and implement mine plans to ensure optimum exploitation of mine ore body.
- Manage the mining operation to ensure ore is delivered to the ROM stockpile at optimum cost and in a timely manner.
- Cooperative management and leadership with Engineering Manager and Geology manager to ensure best results for equipment availability, utilization and optimum dilution control and ore reserve management.
- Develop and implement monitoring systems and procedures to ensure all mining costs are minimised and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up and remedied.
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Continually review every aspect of the mine department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and behaviour.
- Play a leading role in all appropriate industry committees, government working parties and community groups to ensure that mine interests are represented and protected.
- Participate in the mine Senior Management Team to ensure that targets for resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, safety performance, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
- Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilisation of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
- Manage business decisions and transaction in compliance to the Company Code of Ethics and compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) law and standards