|Location:||WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||183557A_148972742786967||CareerMine Job Id:||1345252|
- DIDO Roles from Perth
- Attractive Roster - 7/7
- Long Term Temp roles
Newmont Boddington Gold is the largest gold producing mine in Australia and is taking full advantage of innovative, state-of-the-art technology and processing methods. This multi-billion dollar mine will provide the opportunity for you to utilise your skills and experience in a clean and safe mining environment.
Had enough of FIFO? Had enough of long periods away from home? This could be the opportunity for you.
Working at Newmont Boddington Gold Operations will come with additional lifestyle benefits. The Boddington Township is situated only 130kms from Perth's inner suburbs. Employees can choose to live in Boddington or other neighbouring communities, offering desirable lifestyle arrangements within a rural environment. This is your chance to escape the hustle and bustle of the city for the tranquillity of the countryside. Alternatively stay in the Village and enjoy the extensive facilities for your swing and DIDO.
[Company] is proud to be partnering with Newmont Boddington Gold to deliver recruitment, labour hire and workforce services. We currently have the following opportunities working 7 days on 7 days off performing 12 hour shifts - a great work/life balance.
Main accountabilities for the mine technician - blast crew role include:
- Assisting shotfirers on bench activities, Barricade, Delineate, Priming, Loading, Stemming, off-siding and operating MPU's.
- Check the drilling activities, once completed, to ensure drilling depths are correct. Identify issues with poor quality drilling and bring these issues to the supervisor's attention, to improve future drilling or correct current issues (re-drill), as required. Once QA activities are completed and the bench is to the standard required.
- Assist the supervisors to ensure both drilling and blasting crews can be fully utilized at all times.
- Perform blast guard duties just prior to blasting activity to ensure the safety of all personnel, and that they are removed from the area.
- Ensure the required quality of documentation is achieved for presentation for transfer to the Newmont Boddington records.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, experience and Qualifications:
- MPU operating experience - Scania Cab chassis & IIE mixing Units
- HR Licence
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Current Drivers Licence
- Good level of computer literacy
- Safe and positive attitude
You will demonstrate your commitment to safety and use your experience and judgment to ensure yourself and your workmates stay safe. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity together with your positive mind set in dealing with work and people will be highly regarded.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate professionalism, reliability and medical fitness.
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage applications from Females, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
'Newmont supports employment in the region and strongly encourages suitably qualified local people in the Boddington and surrounding areas to apply'.