My client is looking for a Mining Engineer / Mine Planner.
- B.Sc. (Eng) Mining or Diploma in Mine Planning/Engineering. Professional accreditation is advantageous
- At least 3 – 5 years working experience
- Preferably experience in opencast and underground mining (coal and/or ferrous minerals)
- Good written, verbal and report-writing skills
- Financial and business acumen
- Have a valid driver´s licence
- Have a valid passport
- Medically fit to travel
- Track record in mine planning, scheduling, design and costing in seam deposits
- Understand of mine costing and budgeting (labour, machine, materials, etc.)
- Good understanding of latest mining technologies for seam deposits
- Understanding of all matters related to mining -> mining methods, mining development, ventilation, power requirements, water requirements, EH&S, etc.
- Ability to work and interact with contractors, consultants and government agencies and ministries
- Strong ability to understand requirements and work independently
- Install/Train/Mentor users with the Deswik Suite of software
- Proven ability to have used mine planning and modelling software (e.g. Deswik, Datamine, Gemcom/Surpac, Micromine, Xpac, Mine2-4D, etc.)
The position is based at the Company´s offices in Ruimsig. International and national travel is foreseen.