|Location:||Leonora - WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||MN015||CareerMine Job Id:||1345282|
[Company] is an Australian based ASX listed gold producer and explorer. St Barbara's assets include one of Australia's deepest underground mines at its Leonora Operations in Western Australia and an open pit gold mining operation on Simberi Island in Papua New Guinea.
[Company] are currently seeking a Mining Engineer (Planning) to join the team within our Mining department at Leonora Operations.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, the successful incumbent will ensure safely sustainable production from the Gwalia Mine through the successful design, planning and execution of the mine planning functions.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Contributing to ensure: the health and safety of all personnel in the Mining Department and who work in the Gwalia mine; there is a comprehensive suite of fit-for-purpose systems in place and operating properly within in the Mining Department; the Mining Department meets it's environmental, community and statutory obligations and is considered a welcome guest in host communities.
- Ensuring provision of effective and timely mine stope notes/close-outs that support and meet operational objectives.
- Assisting and maintaining up to date level extraction plans for stoping and development.
- Maintaining current and accurate mine designs in accordance with up to date geological and geotechnical data, ensuring compliance to planning, execution and approval processes.
- Assisting in the development of the short to medium term mine plans and generation of the scheduling projects (18 month rolling plan, quarterly and budget) that meets business requirements and timeframes.
- Contributing to ensuring there is a comprehensive suite of fit-for-purpose planning systems and procedures in place and operating properly in the Mining Department.
- Identifying and providing engineering support to the implementation of business improvement opportunities at Gwalia operations.
- Ensuring provision of technical capacity towards the planning, design, execution and management of capital projects that meet operational objectives.
- Contributing to ensuring timely and accurate reporting within the Mining Department.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
The successful candidate will have:
- Behaviour consistent with [Company]'s Values
- Ability to produce a National Police Clearance (valid within the last 3 months) for site access purposes
- Current unencumbered West Australian 'C' Class Driver's Licence
- A Mining Engineering qualification accredited by the Institute of Engineers Australia, as required for WA First Class Mine Manager certification
- At least three (3) years' experience in the mining industry, with appropriate experience in underground mining
- High level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals for self and team
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role
- Strong ability to work effectively with people
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills – Competency in Surpac
- Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Relevant resources industry work experience
- Competency in Deswik planning software
- Air-conditioned, comfortable accommodation facilities with private ensuite.
- Onsite gym, pool, recreation room, BBQ area and access to regular organised team sports.
- Supportive, professional and positive team environment on site, and at all facilities.
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally.
- Access to professional development activities and educational assistance.
- Competitive salary, with options for salary sacrificing.
- Access to a generous superannuation scheme including salary continuance.
Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
This role is offered on a 8 day on / 6 day off roster FIFO from Perth, DIDO from Kalgoorlie or Residential Leonora.