|Location:||Queensland||Posted Date:||April 21, 2017|
|Employer Job Id:||779175||CareerMine Job Id:||1351509|
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly-changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets.
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Engineer, the purpose of this role is to provide technical and operational support for Mining Supervisors to enable effective operating discipline and delivery. This includes providing relief supervision for Development, Production and Haulage streams.
What the Role Entails
- Provide technical input for daily operational tasks to provide context and allow for appropriate task prioritisation and informed decision making by Supervisors;
- Ensuring Development, Production and Haulage streams are sufficiently resourced and supported to maximise time spent utilising equipment;
- Daily collation of key productivity information to enable an effective continuous improvement process;
- Operating within SAP for resource and work management;
- Small Project ownership, execution and monitoring;
- Facilitation and contribution to incident investigations.
To be successful in this role you will have considerable technical experience plus practical operational exposure within the mining or resources sector and be Degree qualified preferably in Mining Engineering. This role would suit an individual who is innovative and capacity for analytical thinking and action orientated. If you are working towards a First Class Mine Manager Certificate of Competency (Underground Metalliferous Mine) this would be highly advantageous.
What We Offer You
South32 offers an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan. Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities. This is a FIFO Full Time role from Townsville or Brisbane on a 7/7 Days and Nights roster.
To be eligible for this position you must reside or be willing to relocate within a 50km radius of the Townsville or Brisbane Airport.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please apply via the link below