|Location:||Pilbara, WA||Posted Date:||March 20, 2017|
|Employer:||Mineral Resources Limited|
|Employer Job Id:||493287||CareerMine Job Id:||1329400|
Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL 's unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
MRL remains at the forefront of its craft and this allows for a strong culture of innovation which continues to foster the development of significant potential new revenue streams, through diversification via commodities including Iron Ore and Lithium amongst others as well as in our mine contracting service offerings that range from construction, contract mining and crushing, power generation, bulk material handling via our road, rail and port assets to camp and facilities management.
To support Mineral Resources continued growth and operational success, we are currently seeking a Mining Supervisor, to join our team on a full time basis. This exciting position will form part of the operations team located at one of our mining operations across Western Australia.
Key requirements and responsibilities:
- Effectively manage a small production team
- Compliance with MRL safety procedures to ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner at all times
- Undertake site inspections and daily interactions with the workforce
- Provide technical support and direction to the team
- Ensure the quality of output are in line with the needs of the company, client and regulatory authorities
- Monitor and mentor employees whilst promoting a harmonious work environment
- Provide positive leadership to the workforce promoting safety initiatives
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of three years' experience supervising a mining fleet, with sound knowledge of mining operations, including load and haul along with fleet maintenance
- Experience with iron ore and contracting experience (preferred)
- Strong focus on safety and promoting a safety first culture
- Unrestricted QM ticket preferred but restricted QM ticket as a minimum is required
- Excellent communication, organisational personnel management and client interface skills
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office)
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide.
To submit an application for this position, use the apply button below.