|Location:||Eden Prairie, MN||Posted Date:||March 17, 2017|
|Employer:||To view company name. See instructions below|
|Employer Job Id:||62700||CareerMine Job Id:||1344853|
- [Company] is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. [Company] offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. [Company] had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
- Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within [Company] and get important hands-on experience
- Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the [Company] organization
- Our long-standing internship program has launched many [Company] careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Mining/Civil Engineering Internship
- We specialize in mine management, production, maintenance and contract mining ventures, operating five surface coal mines in Montana, Wyoming and Texas, and a phosphate operation located in southeast Idaho. We also have expanded our North American mining ventures into the Oil Sand Regions of Canada.
- We have mining work in various parts of the country, many in remote places, so must be willing to go where the work is.
- This Internship provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to responsibilities that transfer to skills needed in a full-time position. This is an opportunity for you to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within our mining operations.
- Depending on the project, responsibilities could include:
- Haul truck operations
- Mine GPS surveying (stakeout, pickups) Bidding, estimating
- Environmental monitoring & sampling
- Developing work plans (topsoil, drill and blast, stripping, reclamation, facilities development)
- Exposure to mine design software
- Equipment time studies
- Hands on exploration drilling (logging drill holes, prepping cores for lab analysis, data entry, site reclamation)
- Long range planning with full-time engineer (budget preparation, historical research)
- Must be pursuing a degree in mining engineering or related degree
- Previous mining internship or work experience strongly preferred
- Willing to fully participate in job assignments at the job site, district office or department to which the intern is assigned
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, skilled at face-to-face interactions and presentations to groups