Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
Mining/Mineral Processing Engineer
||January 29, 2013
To view company name. See instructions below
||March 30, 2013
|Employer Job Id:
||CareerMine Job Id:
Scope of Job:
- This associate will demonstrate a complete understanding of all plant operations and processes. The associate will be responsible for advancing the Fairwater Mine Plan and resolving its technical issues. This associate will research, analyze and implement available technologies to optimize system recoveries, increase production efficiencies, reduce waste, control costs, promote growth, ensure the safety of our associates and protect the environment. This associate will provide guidance and engineering support to the Fairwater Operations team and will work with the self-directed work teams in the implementation of agreed upon goals.
Qualifications Required By This Position
Desired Knowledge & Training
- Degree in Mining, Mechanical or Mineral Process Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience practicing engineering in this or a related field.
- Knowledge of the mining and/or industrial minerals industry.
- Proficient with AutoCAD particularly for surveying, mapping and volumetric calculations.
- Utilize problem solving techniques and apply creative solutions to problems of all types
- Prepare project plans, drawings, budgets and specifications
- Evaluate tasks and projects with respect to the environment, safety and budget parameters
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Good organizational skills and ability to lead projects of varied scope
- Excellent math, computer and design skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and support the decision making process
- Collaborate with peers within the organization and industry
- Work with vendors, contractors, consultants and other specialists useful to the organization
- Provide interpretation and advice on applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Inform, educate and assist [Company] associates to enhance their understanding
- Aspires to cross-train for other responsibilities beneficial to [Company]
- Willing to give suggestions, share ideas, and problem solve
- Follows all company policies
- Dedicated to the growth and success of [Company] and its associates
- Possess a positive attitude and be forward thinking
- Be dependable in approaching job responsibilities and assignments
- Values diversity and respects the strengths of all team members
- Is honest and reliable
- Ability to receive medical clearance to wear respiratory protection
- Must pass toxicity test